Home values are up and distressed sales (foreclosures and short sales) have fallen to their lowest point in years. The market will continue to strengthen in 2019.
However, there is one thing that may cause the industry to tap the brakes: a lack of housing inventory! Buyer demand naturally increases during the summer months, but supply has not kept up.
In the Grand Rapids market, we are still under a 2 month absorption rate, which means all the houses currently on the market will be sold in under 60 days.
New listings sell fast and for the most money! It’s time to cash in on your home equity!
Did your listing expire last year? Are you trying to sell your home on your own? Are you behind on your house payment and in a distressed situation? Do you need to move? Upgrade? NOW is the time to sell your home in Grand Rapids.
We are offering a 10-Day Listing Agreement! Let us get your home under contract in 10 days!
10-Day Listing Proposal
- List home for a minimum of 10 Days
- Price home at market value, based on comparable sales and using our recommended pricing strategy
- Prepare home for photos and showings by following our staging advice
- Allow marketing of listing online, i.e. MLS, print, radio & social media
- Allow up to two open houses during that time, as well as allow multiple scheduled private showing appointments.
- Re-evaluate pricing/marketing & consider listing extension if home is not under contract by the 10th day
10-Day Listing Timeline (Spring 2019)
May 18: Sign Listing Agreement/Agency Disclosure/Delay Addendum. Decide on Open House date and time:
4-6 p.m. Friday, June 14 11-1 p.m OR Saturday, June 15 1-3 p.m OR Sunday, June 16
June 1: Review/finalize listing agreement and provide Sellers Disclosure and Lead Based Paint Disclosures.
June 3-7: Be prepared for scheduled photo/video shoot one day this week
June 8-11: Marketing materials to be created
June 12: Signs up & listing to go live on the MLS by or before midnight
June 12-14: Open House Weekend marketing push, including door knocking, social media, radio & newspaper advertising
June 18: Any and all initial offers due by 5 p.m. to be presented to seller
June 19: Offers responded to by 5 pm.
June 21: 10th Day— Decide to expire or extend